Happy Holidays and a Wonderful 2019!
What a year 2018 has been, and 2019 is just around the corner! The Board of Directors at the Howell Foundation is working on lining up great speakers, is reviewing amazing research topics from our scholars and continues to see the results of our CEI seed resarch grants!
We couldn't have done it without you! Your continuous support was fundamental in making a difference in women's health research:
- 16 undergraduate research scholarships
- Two graduate nursing research scholarships
- Four educational luncheons
- Our evening “Health and Happiness” event
- Our pilot grant for assisting with the reproductive health of the East African women refugees in San Diego county and
- Our newest initiative, assisting with enrollment of women research subjects in clinical trials (the first being the WISDOM Trial addressing diagnosis in breast cancer)
In November, we sadly said goodbye to the woman who inspired us all. Now, more than ever, we are determined to continue a legacy started almost 25 years ago. We do it as a celebration of her work and in recognition of the many lives she touched. 2019 is poised to continue making a difference in women's health research.
And for all that, we thank you!
Happy, healthy holidays from the Board of Directors! May 2019 be the best year yet. We'll see you next year!
About the Doris A. Howell Foundation:
For over 20 years, The Doris A. Howell Foundation for Women’s Health Research has been dedicated to keeping to women we love healthy by making a long-term, positive impact on women’s health. To date, it is the premier organization advancing women’s health.
The organization does so by funding scholarships to students researching issues affecting women’s health; providing a forum for medical experts, scientists, doctors, and researchers to convey timely information on topics relevant to women’s health, and by funding research initiatives that improve the health of under-served women and increase awareness and advocacy in the community; bringing women's health research to a full cycle.